|VISTA BUTTONS - HELP||
How to use Vista Buttons with Dynamic Web Template in FrontPage
To install the popup menu into your html page you should do the following things:
You can enter any name you like, for example enter "menu":
So you'll have menu.html file and "menu-files" folder with all menu files.
Insert a popup menu to many pages using Dynamic Web Template in FrontPage
- Start FrontPage and open your website. When the website opens, it should look like this:
- To create the Dynamic Web Template you should do the following things:
- Now you can add a menu in Dynamic Web Template. Open menu.dwt page (double-click menu.dwt in Folder list window) and switch to the Design view mode. Decide where you would like the popup menu to appear in your page. Click in the spot you want the code to appear in and type the phrase: your code
- Open the generated in Vista Buttons menu.html
page in any text editor. Copy all code within the following tags:
- Go to the "Edit Menu" with FrontPage and select the "Paste" option to paste the menu code that we copied to the clipboard earlier. Since the phrase we typed was highlighted, it will be replaced when we paste the code in.
- To display the mouseover state images correctly you should change vbImgPath parameter. Find the following code
- Now you should copy the "menu-files" folder into the same folder with your menu.dwt page.
- Select the Preview mode to display the menu.dwt page live (in Internet Explorer). Notice that your mouseover images can be not displayed when you hover over menu items in the Preview mode. It is normal. You'll see all images when you open index.htm page in the Preview mode.
- Add editable regions to a Dynamic Web Template.
- Attach a Dynamic Web Template to your pages.
- That's all. You've added all necessary code to your page, so let's test it. Open your index page (double-click index.htm in Folder list window) and switch to the Preview mode.
- If everything goes well, save and publish your website. If something seems wrong, double-check that you followed all the steps correctly.
- If you still run into trouble, we'd be happy to assist you further. You can post your problem to us at , and meanwhile describe your files in details.
|Copyright (c) 2003-2010, Vista Buttons|