|VISTA BUTTONS - HELP
How to insert a down menu dreamweaver to many pages using Dynamic Web Template
To install the menu into your html page you should do the following things:
You can use "Save as HTML" function.
You can enter any name you like, for example enter "menu":
So you'll have menu.html file and "menu-files" folder with all menu files.
Insert a down menu dreamweaver to many pages using Dynamic Web Template
- Start Dreamweaver and open your website. When the website opens, it should look like this:
- Lets create the template for the website which we'll use on all pages. Delete all unnecessary code from this page.
- Now you should add a down menu in your template page. Switch to the Design view mode. Decide where you would like the down menu to appear in your page. Click in the spot you want the code to appear in and type the phrase: your code here
- Open the generated in Vista Buttons menu.html
page in any text editor. Copy all code within the following tags:
- Go to the "Edit Menu" with Dreamweaver and select the "Paste" option to paste the menu code that we copied to the clipboard earlier. Since the phrase we typed was highlighted, it will be replaced when we paste the code in.
- To display images correctly you should change "menu-files/" to "templtes/menu-files/". Find the following code
- Switch to the Design view mode. Now you should select regions that will be editable. For example lets create three editable regions: two titles and the main content area. Right click the selected area, choose the templates, and make the template become new editable region.
- You can enter any name you like, for example enter "content":
- So, you'll have:
- Save this file as a template. So, the file will store in the assets of the files.
- Your template will be saved in the "templates" folder. Now you should copy the "menu-files" folder into the same folder with your main_template.dwt page ("templates" folder).
- Attach a Dynamic Web Template to your pages.
d. In the appeared window you should resolve the corresponding regions:
- That's all. You've attached the template to your page, so let's test it. Select "File/Preview in browser/IExplore" to display the page live (in Internet Explorer).
- If everything goes well, save and publish your website. If something seems wrong, double-check that you followed all the steps correctly.
- If you still run into trouble, we'd be happy to assist you further. You can post your problem to us at , and meanwhile describe your files in details.
|Copyright (c) 2003-2010, Vista Buttons